Staff Page Description – iService Tutorial
The Staff page Explained
In this tutorial you will learn about the main features of the Staff Page. It will also help you to become more familiar with the iService Interface.
1. The homepage is where you are brought to once you login. Here is a description of the page and the options found on it.
2. A typical homepage will look like this. (See Screenshot)
3. The company logo at the top left of the screen is a link to this page and can be clicked on at any time to return to this page.
4. On the top right section of the page you have links for the settings for the software.
5. The “Admin Panel” link is a toggle button that toggles between Admin and Staff panel modes. (See Screenshot)
6. If you click the admin panel button it will change the mode of view to the admin panel view which has different options to the “Staff Panel” The “Admin Panel” Button then changes to the “Staff Panel” button. Click it again to change back to the Staff panel view.
7. The button next to it is the “My Preferences” button. This brings you to the “My Account Profile” page. (See Screenshot)
8. The last button is the “Log Out” button. This button will log you out of the software and bring you back to the Login Screen. (See Screenshot)
9. The next area of the homepage is the main navigation bar and ticket buttons. (See screenshot and list below for explanations of these)
10. Button Explainations
1) Dashboard Tab – Brings you to Dashboard, Staff Directory or My Account. These options will display in a dropdown menu when you move the mouse cursor over it.
2) Tickets Tab – Gives options for Tickets, My Tickets and new ticket. These options will display in a dropdown menu when you move the mouse cursor over it.
3) Knowledgebase Tab – Gives options for FAQs, Categories and Canned responses. These options will display in a dropdown menu when you move the mouse cursor over it.
11. The Dashboard Tab has three sections which can be chosen when your mouse cursor hovers over the Dashboard tab or will be displayed when you click on the dashboard tab.
12. The first is “Dashboard” This shows ticket activity information and statistics for the ticketing system. (See Screenshot)
13. The second section is Staff Directory. This section gives you a list of all staff that are registered on the system and lists them along with their department, email address, phone number, phone extension and mobile number. You can filter the list by department and you can sort the list by clicking on the headings of each column to sort by that column. Click multiple times to cycle through no sort, ascending or descending modes. (See Screenshot)
14. The Third Section is My Profile. This section allows you to view / edit your account details and change your password if required. (See Screenshot)
15. Click on the Tickets tab at the top of the screen to open this section. This displays all options relating to tickets in the system. (See Screenshot)
16. The buttons for this screen are “Open”, “Answered”, “Overdue”, “Closed Tickets” and “New Ticket” The numbers in brackets beside them show how many tickets are currently in the section.
17. Ticket section explaination
1) Open – shows a list of open tickets.
2) Answered – shows tickets that are open but have been answered by staff and are currently waiting for a reply from the customer.
3) Overdue – shows tickets that are past there reply due date. Tickets here will move to the Answered section once a staff member replies to them or will move to the Open section if the due date is changed.
4) Closed Tickets – Shows all tickets that have been closed.
5) New Ticket – Allows you to create a new ticket.
18. The Knowledgebase has three sections of its own. These sections are called “FAQs”, “Categories” and “Canned Responses”. (See Screenshot)
19. The FAQs section gives FAQs on a range of topics. You can search through them by entering a search term in the search box. Then you can select a category to search in or choose all categories if you do not know what category to look through. Then click the search button to find the FAQ you need.
20. The Categories Section lists all the Help topic categories available and shows how many articles are within them with the number in brackets beside the title. You can add new categories in this section by clicking the “Add New Category” button (See Screenshot)
21. The canned responses section is for adding pre-generated text to tickets. You can create a new Canned response by clicking the “Add New Response” button. (See Screenshot)
22. Clicking on the my preferences button at the top right of the screen brings you to your profile screen where there are a number of preference options to be selected. (See Screenshot)
23. For more detailed descriptions of each section of the site and for instructions on how to use these sections, please see the relevant guide.
View a demonstration video of the interface here
External link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM3JUrdJdAI